Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Your blessings are just that.....yours.

In the past, I have had a tad bit of envy for other people.  You know the ones.  They seem to float effortlessly in life.  School was easy.  They were beautiful.  They could eat Oreos for dinner and never gain a pound.  They landed attractive boyfriends.  But not just the attractive ones, they were funny, smart and driven.  They were able to get grab great jobs, travel the world, buy beautiful homes and they have the cutest kids.

I on the other hand, have often it seemed to taken the well, harder and longer path.

Now, let me say that I still on occasion have a sting of jealousy go through me.  It generally doesn't last long.  I am genuinely happy for the opportunities that come my friends way.  Even when they accomplish things that I would like to accomplish.  And if that small tad of jealousy strikes I remind myself that we are all blessed!  Our blessings are given to us.  They are just what we need and God tailor's them to us specifically.  What I think I need isn't always really what I need.  Obviously, I have learned that from my past.  (Remember when I said I usually have taken the harder and longer path?)

God blesses everyone whether they are believers or not.  God loves all of his children and he wants the best for us all.  We all want to watch our children grow and become successful.  We also try to help give our children any advantages we can.  We work to give them the best education, happy homes, vacations - anything that we think will help our children in life.  Guess what?  God does the same for us!

God gives us each special gifts to help us in life.  He gives us spiritual gifts that will help us; he gives us special people to help influence, inspire and guide us; he gives us opportunities to grow, and he even helps us to not only learn from our mistakes but to use them as stepping stones.   God is always in our corner.

God has given me amazing opportunities, special people and wonderful days.  My blessings are unique and special to me.  You have your own blessings and they are chosen and given to specifically to you.

And as with all gifts, it's important to give thanks.  So today, keep your eyes open.  What is God blessing you with?  And have you said thank you?

No comments:

Post a Comment